For most people in their 60’s and above, if you have not retired, you are only 5 to 10 years away from either completely or partially finishing work.
This is a massive change in your life, and one which brings with it a high degree of complexity and worry about what are the best choices to make in terms of:
- How do I make my life savings last (or even outlive me)?
- How long can I live in my house for & where else would I go?
- How do I make sure I manage my assets tax effectively?
- How can I improve the income my assets are generating?
- Can I supplement my retirement income with a pension?
- Am I able to do casual work/re-enter the workforce after I retire?
- What should I do to improve my super before I retire?
- Am I able to use my savings to help my children/grandchildren buy a car or house?
- What is the best way to leave my assets when I die?
It is easy to unwittingly limit your choices without proper analysis and planning, when you no longer have a regular wage to rely on.
Unlike younger generations, you cannot easily recover from making the wrong decisions about your finances after retirement, so it is important that you thoroughly explore your options.
Our job is to help you understand what decisions you must make now, around this very important period of your life and to discover what is important to you in the future so that you are more likely to face these anticipated events in your life with the luxury of choice and a degree of independence.
Our most senior financial planner at Ilink Wealth has over 30 successful years in the industry. With Ilink Wealth you are talking to a team who has extensive experience in dealing with importance and complexity of the decisions you are facing, and how important it is for you to maintain the ability to make independent choices for yourself in the future.
Your next step with us is a 1hr meeting with Ilink so that we can start to understand what you need to maintain the luxury of choice and independence after retirement.
We have offices in Miranda, Liverpool, Parramatta and the CBD.
Please refer to our Contacts Page for more information.